• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cold Turkey

StetotheJ

What is the longest time you have gone without buying a book, I haven't bought one since 17th December to try and catch up on my huge to read pile. It's working though, I have just finished my 41st book of the year.

All I can say is I envy you! Congrats.
I just have the hardest time not buying when I see something I have been wanting.

It's not been easy. For me I find it easier to resist if i'm reading through books fairly quickly. Hopefully I can go the whole year and then rely on Christmas to get my yearly fill all at once.

i haven't bought any for a month or two... but i bought way too many books then and i haven't been able to catch up yet haha!

i bought all 4 game of thrones and they are 900 each, hunger games, life of pie, dune, city of bones, city of glass, latest ranger apprentice, and the new percy jackson book.

i'm like 50 percent done now, and already itching to buy some books. I go to the book store, look at everything, and have to tell myself not to buy anything because I have too much to read.. oh well.

Ha! I just buy books that seem interesting to me but then end up not reading them as I've no time. I'm curious as to what next (academic) year's reading list will be.

For me, I think it was more than a year , close to 15 months . I went into some sort of a reader's block and I barely finished reading 2 books the entire time , so buying new books was out of question when I could barely read what I had.

Back