• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello! I'm new.

mawilliams

kickbox
Hello,

I just posted my first thread "A Yank's First Post" on Writer's Showcase. I hope I did it right. I'm an amateur writer and am trying my hand at writing a book and getting it into reader's attention. I plan to purchase marketing packages, but I heard they are all worthless. So, I plan to spend my money purchasing professional book reviews and a Directory Maximizer service, plus get on as many Websites as will let me post.

I'm not a professional writer, althought I have had many journal articles and book chapters published in my career as Director of R&D. I never had a technical article turned down. I wish I were as fortunate with my amateur writing.

I'm a semi-retired Director of R&D with a machinery manufacturer in the USA. I also write book reviews on several book review sites with pretty good success. I write poems and articles and wrote a couple of books. I hope I'm talented, but there is an incredible amount of competition these days, so I can't gauge what people think of my writing.

My name is Maurice A. Williams. I live in Ohio. I'm married, have four children and six grandchildren. Sad for all of us, one of my sons died a little over a year ago. He was still a young man. He got sick one day. We took him to the hospital, and he died 25 days later.

Glad to be accepted into this Website.

Sincerely,

Maurice A. Williams

Newbie Maurice Williams

I do read a lot. My favorite author is Michael D. O'Brien. I especially like his "Father Elijah," but I read a lot of authors, and I read a lot of non-fiction. Non-fiction books I really liked are "A Brief History of Time" and "Pharaohs and Kings."

I review books for several Websites. I recently reviewed "The Second Objective," "Not on Our Watch," and "My Father's Secret War." All three are excellent reads. Two were about WWII, "Not on Our Watch" was about Darfur.

I'm looking forward to participating in this Website. Thanks for welcoming me.

Sincerely,

Maurice A. Williams

Back