• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Tell a lie

Martin

Well, the title says it all, right? All I ask is that, in your reply to this post/thread, you tell a blatant lie.

I'll start.

My lie is as follows:

It's a lie that I am fully dressed while typing this.

Cheers

Yes, I have a camera in your room and I can see you are fully dressed but I don't understand why you are wearing that dress? Although the sparkles look very nice :D

Hmm, I reckon that's a lie, too? What on earth is wrong with these sparkles?!

My lie:

I hate Christmas.

Cheers

Martin said:
Hmm, I reckon that's a lie, too?
Cheers

I dunno, it depends if you are wearing a dress or not :D

You may hate Christmas but I invented it! I carved out the inside of a mango and used it to travel through time. Using the methods I learnt from the back of a packet of cornflakes I hypnotised the pope to invent Xmas!

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. I'm going to Nelson Mandela's house for my dinner - we've been best friends for a while now, ever since we met at this year's World Arm-Wrestling Championships, which I won. the only problem is I don't know whether to take my bird - Kiera Knightly - or my other best mate, Thierry Henry. I think I'll probably take Thierry, as I'm going to chuck Kiera after Christmas anyway because I happen to know that all of The Sugarbabes have been after me for ages.

I am really a Labrador Retriever named Suzie. I'm redecorating my bedroom with a meat theme, using bones for the chandelier and hanging slabs of steak on the wall. I love it. The paint color is by Martha Stewart and is called Sanguine Harlot. You can get it at K-Mart, with matching sheets.

I've decided to celebrate Christmas by giving all my belongings to the Salvation Army. (I love those bell ringers so much!) Then for the new year, I'm going to move to Egypt and translate hieroglyphics, since I am fluent in that ancient tongue, and boy, everyone has been getting it all wrong for years. I'll be accepting donations for the cause, if anyone needs my PayPal info let me know.

I have just finished writing my memoirs. It's titled "The Life and Loves of a Centenarian".

Abulafia said:
I'm an evil bastard.

Someones not quite got the hang of this thread. Abu - you need to LIE. Say something that's not true. So you would maybe say, 'I am not an evil bastard'. Then it would be a lie? See?

My computer is hooked up so that every letter that I type donates 5 cents to an African village somewhere in Asia. Received an email from Babu Kalangi (the village jester) asking me not to type anymore because the villages are sick of having small round metal bits randomly drop on their heads. I wrote back and asked why they didn't just use the metal bits to make helmets so that the falling coins wouldn't be so much of a problem anymore. He replied that they did, but no one wears the helmets coz it doesn't go with their Armani suits and Prada dresses. So now, I'm hooking up my computer to donate cows to an Indian village somewhere in Germany.

Now, how can you say that fiction is so much more interesting than the truth?

Back