• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

The world's greatest biscuits.

It's a fantastic site though. Needs a forum, I think. There's a lot of people with biscuity information who frequent that site and could help me in my quest.

You should email them and suggest it!

BTW, Cyber Candy has a good range of biscuits and cookies as well as sweets and candy. In fact they stock all kinds of goodness from all around the world!

I'm pretty sure they stock tamtams and oreos!

Someone at work is off to Oz soon so she's under instructions to bring me back Timtams, or else. I'm doing her a deal for some fudge.

I'm a big fan of Fudge Striped Shortbread (Keebler makes the superior model.) Not as buttery as Walker's shortbread, and much thinner, with a slight hint of salt so you get that salt/sweet combo that keeps you eating until you're out. Layer of chocolate on the bottom, and stripes of chocolate across the top. For some reason, there's always a hole in the middle.

Mmm, shortbread is good. But I do like it to be buttery. And filled with chocolate chips.

Lol, everyone on this site must weigh 200 + by the end of this thread.

Never been a big sweets eater....but I love milk, so anything that you can dip in it that absorbs it and makes it soft is improved to me.
Otherwise, I like coffee flavored things, any coffee flavored biscuts out there oh wise connoisseurs?

Ah yes, dipping white bread into your milk - delicious, and oh, so simple!

Cheers, Martin

Dunno about coffee flavoured biscuits, but if you're in it for the dunk then might I suggest the humble Ginger Nut. Impossible to eat without dunking. They're so hard, biting through one is likely to fracture your jaw. But once dunked in the beverage of your choice they are transformed into a blissful thing indeed.

And speaking of coffee, what happened to Toffee Pops? (toffee rhymes with coffee, you see). Do they still exist somewhere?

Mmmm. Biscuits!

By the way, Litany... you ruined my head! I was walking past an erotic bookstore earlier on, and I noticed this incredibly flashy cover that read "Spork me".

I went back to it later (sporks are sexy), only to find out the actual title of the book had been "spank me".

It was a disappointment.

:D
I've brainwashed you all. Soon you'll all be big fat porkers rolling about on your bellies eating biscuits with your sporks.

well i really like lorna doone cookies. they good with tea coffee or just grapes as a snack.

i dont think this has much to do with bisciuts but i have lots of snack desert recipes ive created, and i think i should share!

chocolate rice crispy smore treats:
3 tables spoons butter
2/3 box of rice cripsys
half bag of marshmallows
1 or 1/2 cups chocolate morsels, depends on how you like your choclate
melt the butter on medium high heat
add marshmallows and crispys stir
when mallows are wet and melty move pot away and stir in morsels!
making sqaures take forever! now my cool secret i do is make balls out of the batter while its still warm.
try to wet you hands a bit or youll get sticky. the balls should be about tennis size.
caution: dont over stir!

Oooohhh biscuits!! Love Milk chocolate cookies, choc digestives, choco chip shortbreads, triple biscuits, yo-yo biscuits (all of them disappeaered by last year) :( and lemon biscuits.

Kaz said:
Oooohhh biscuits!! Love Milk chocolate cookies, choc digestives, choco chip shortbreads, triple biscuits, yo-yo biscuits (all of them disappeaered by last year) :( and lemon biscuits.
then you should really try my chocolate smore rice crispy treats :p

Ashlea said:
I'm a big fan of Fudge Striped Shortbread (Keebler makes the superior model.) Not as buttery as Walker's shortbread, and much thinner, with a slight hint of salt so you get that salt/sweet combo that keeps you eating until you're out. Layer of chocolate on the bottom, and stripes of chocolate across the top. For some reason, there's always a hole in the middle.

Those are delicious. And I forgot Nutter Butters...if you love peanut butter, these are quite yummy!

I had thought about posting this in a "best opening lines"-type thread, but this one seems more apt:

"The call came late one afternoon. I remember it because I had just been trying to invent a new biscuit. Ever try that? Ever wonder why there isn't a wider variety of biscuits available? Just try inventing one and you'll have your answer. Biscuits basically fall into two catergories; plain and sandwich. Okay, you get some coated with chocolate, or sprinkled with sugar, or with bits in, but basically there are two types. The problem for inventors is that as soon as you take it out of two dimensions and buid it up, it becomes a cake. Biscuit designers have wrestled with this for years but it just won't go away. Which is pretty depressing. There are still a few lone biscuit inventors, like myself, who strive for the elusive third way, but we're pretty much dismissed as crackpots."

(From "Flight From Deathrow" by Harry Hill).

Back